One thing hysterical is coming Julie Bowen‘s means, and it’s not a superb factor.
The Fashionable Household vet will star in Hysteria!, a brand new coming-of-age thriller collection from Peacock. Following a gaggle of youngsters within the ’80s, the present will dive into America’s previous with mass frenzy, by the lens of satanic panic.
“When a beloved varsity quarterback disappears in the course of the ‘Satanic Panic’ of the late Eighties, a struggling highschool heavy steel band of outcasts notice they will capitalize in town’s sudden curiosity within the occult by constructing a popularity as a Satanic steel band, till a weird collection of murders, kidnappings and reported ‘supernatural exercise’ triggers a leather-studded witch hunt that leads straight again to them,” per the official synopsis.
Bowen will play Linda Campbell, the mom of a teenage outcast who “experiences a collection of supernatural disturbances that pressure her to query all the things she is aware of about her son, in addition to the rising risk of Satanism of their small Midwestern city.”
Matthew Scott Kane (Stitchers) will function author and govt producer, alongside EPs John Francis Daley (Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves), Johnathan Goldstein (Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves), Chris Bender (Mulan, My Spy) and Jake Weiner (Mulan).
Prepared for extra of as we speak’s information nuggets? Effectively….
* Apple TV+’s spy drama Gradual Horses has added the next actors to its Season 4 solid: Lord of the Rings trilogy star Hugo Weaving, James Callis (Blood & Treasure, Battlestar Galactica), Joanna Scanlan (No Offence), Ruth Bradley (People) and Tom Brooke (Preacher).
* Jane the Virgin alum Jaime Camil will guest-star in Season 3 of Apple TV+’s Acapulco, our sister web site Deadline stories. Camil will play Alejandro, a brand new co-owner of Las Colinas Lodge who makes his co-owner Diane Davies depressing.
* NBC’s medical drama pilot Wolf has added Teddy Sears (The Flash, Chicago Fireplace) and Tamberla Perry (The Good Battle, All American: Homecoming) to its solid, per Deadline.
* Chris Pang (As We See It) has been solid in Hulu’s Inside Chinatown, starring Silicon Valley vet Jian Yang, per The Hollywood Reporter. Pang and Yang, costars within the movie Loopy Wealthy Asians, will reunite for the restricted collection about Willis Wu, who struggles with perceiving himself as the principle character in his personal life.
* CBS’ Superfan — a six-episode musical recreation present during which six “music superstars” (Kelsea Ballerini, Gloria Estefan, Little Massive City, LL Cool J, Pitbull and Shania Twain) crown their greatest fan — will premiere Friday, June 9 at 8/7c.
* MGM+ has greenlit Hollywood Black, a four-part docuseries, primarily based on American historian Donald Bogle’s e book, that chronicles “a century of the Black expertise in Hollywood, and [is] a strong reexamination of a quintessentially American story – in good colour,” the press launch reads.
* Jennifer Lopez is one badass momma within the trailer for The Mom, a Netflix authentic film releasing Mom’s Day weekend (Friday, Might 12), and during which the actress-singer performs an murderer who comes out of hiding to guard the daughter she gave up years earlier than. The Handmaid’s Story vet Joseph Fiennes, newcomer Lucy Paez, Energy alum Omari Hardwick, Paul Raci (Perry Mason) and Gael García Bernal (Mozart within the Jungle) additionally star.
Which of as we speak’s TVLine Gadgets pique your curiosity?