CMT Music Awards
SUNDAY: Austin’s favourite son Gary Clark Jr. performs a tribute to late Texas blues legend Stevie Ray Vaughn in one among many musical highlights through the annual awards fest, airing stay for the primary time from Austin’s Moody Middle. Kane Brown and Kelsea Ballerini are the hosts and take part within the roster of expertise acting on stage, with highlights together with a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd (on the fiftieth anniversary of their debut album and following the passing of the final surviving founding member, Gary Rossington) that includes Billy Gibbons, Chuck Leavell, Cody Johnson, Paul Rodgers, Slash and Warren Haynes joined by LeAnn Rimes and Wynonna Judd as “The Honkettes.” Shania Twain receives the third-ever “CMT Equal Play Award,” with extra headliners together with Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Keith City, Jelly Roll, Tyler Hubbard, and collaborations of The Black Crowes with Darius Rucker and Gwen Stefani with Carly Pearce.
Saturday Evening Stay
SATURDAY: Although not unprecedented, it’s nonetheless uncommon for a star from a competing community to be tapped to guest-host this venerable comedy establishment. However Quinta Brunson’s Abbott Elementary is that common, and that good. With an Emmy (for writing), SAG Award, Tv Critics Affiliation Award, Golden Globe and NAACP Picture Award amongst different accolades, Brunson hosts SNL for the primary time, joined by first-time musical visitor Lil Yachty.
SUNDAY: His youngsters “the Munsters” might have outbid him for a rival media firm, however Logan Roy (Brian Cox) is unrepentant as he prepares to promote his conglomerate within the remaining season of the gripping drama. Rallying the troops at his information community as solely Logan can, he later crashes the karaoke get together his offspring attends for groom-to-be and hapless eldest son Conner (Alan Ruck). The showdown is sort of as disagreeable because the machinations occurring amongst numerous factions of this dysfunctional household. And who’s going to interrupt the information to Logan’s “assistant” Kerry (Zeo Winters) that her audition tape as a information anchor is a non-starter?
SUNDAY: The stranded Yellowjackets are stressed, and ravenous, because the trippy survival melodrama takes even darker turns. Within the current day, Natalie (Juliette Lewis) settles in, skeptically, at Lottie’s (Simone Kessell) cult compound, whereas Misty (Christina Ricci) makes first contact with nerdy citizen detective Walter (Elijah Wooden) and Taissa’s (Tawny Cypress) grasp on actuality turns into much more tenuous. There’s loads occurring, and also you don’t need to miss it.
SUNDAY: Professor Hank (Bob Odenkirk) isn’t feeling so fortunate on this satire of academia when he’s ordered to chop his English division of insecure ingrates by 20 p.c. Even worse, his estranged and newly retired literary-critic father decides to empty out his workplace, sending the shed-sized storage container to Hank’s house, blocking his driveway. Hank sees no comparability between his curmudgeonly self and his sire: “I specialise in minor strife and insignificant irritation. … My father is into life derailment.” Even so, Hank ought to know higher than to go snooping inside his dad’s stuff, bearing witness to yet one more soul-crushing betrayal.
INSIDE WEEKEND TV:
- NCAA Basketball Match (Saturday, 6 pm/ET, CBS): After so many upsets, and never a single No. 1 seed (or a No. 2 and even 3) remaining, the Males’s Remaining 4 will get underway in Houston with No. 9 FAU vs. No 5 San Diego State, adopted by No. 5 Miami vs. No. 4 UConn. On Sunday, the ultimate two Ladies’s groups play for the championship, broadcast stay for the primary time on ABC (3 pm/ET).
- a centesimal Anniversary of Warner Bros. Studios (Saturday, begins at 6 am/ET, Turner Basic Films): In a monthlong takeover, TCM celebrates a century of Warner Bros. motion pictures beginning with its earliest years (for a full lineup, go to tcm.com). Weekend highlights embrace the 2007 documentary The Brothers Warner (Saturday, 8/7c) and the TCM premiere of 1993’s Jack L. Warner: The Final Mogul (Sunday, 9:45/8:45c), preceded by the 1933 gangster basic The Public Enemy (Sunday, 8/7c).
- The Ten Commandments (Saturday, 7/6c, ABC): Upfront of Palm Sunday and Passover starting this week, the perennial Cecil B. DeMille Eastertime favourite from 1956 returns, with Charlton Heston a commanding Moses and particular results (together with the parting of the Purple Sea) that earned the epic movie an Oscar.
- Love within the Maldives (Saturday, 8/7c, Hallmark Channel): A journey columnist (Jocelyn Hudon) leans on a “Visitor Expertise Skilled” (Jake Manley) to point out her probably the most adventurous, and romantic, approach to benefit from the unique Maldives.
- Collector’s Name (Sunday, 6:30/5:30c, MeTV): The fourth season of the nostalgic sequence honoring all issues collectible opens with host Lisa Whelchel visiting L.A.’s Wealthy Correll, whose horror and sci-fi treasure trove consists of an authentic raptor from Jurassic Park and the Xenomorph costume from Alien.
- 60 Minutes (Sunday, 7/6c, CBS): Lesley Stahl interviews GOP firebrand Marjorie Taylor Greene, Invoice Whitaker explores an Icelandic volcano that erupted in 2021 and Sharyn Alfonso heads to the U.S. Mexico border, interviewing Homeland Safety secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in regards to the migrant disaster.
- Violent Minds: Killers on Tape (Sunday, 7/6c and eight/7c, Oxygen True Crime): In back-to-back episodes, psychiatrist Dr. Al Carlisle shares excerpts from taped conversations with the infamous serial killer Ted Bundy.
- American Idol (Sunday, 8/7c, ABC): Search for fan favorites from previous seasons to mentor the contestants fortunate sufficient to make it to the at all times difficult Hollywood Week.
- A Type of Spark (Sunday, 8/7c, 5/PT, BYUtv): A brand new sequence, launching on World Autism Consciousness Day, stars neurodivergent actress Lola Blue in an adaptation of Elle McNicoll’s novel about Addie, an autistic teen who fights for acceptance inside her group whereas exploring an area thriller that dates to the sixteenth century. The forged and crew on this sequence determine as 50% neurodivergent.
- Vinyl Obsession (Sunday, 8:30/7:30c, AXS TV): Music trade notables cease by Nashville’s Grimey’s Document Store to select 5 albums on vinyl that influenced their careers. First up: Styx and Rattling Yankees’ Tommy Shaw and Handbanger’s Ball MC Riki Rachtman.
- Unsung (Sunday, 9/8c, TV One): The pop-culture sequence returns with a highlight on “Greatest in Black” style influencers, adopted by the season premiere of Uncensored (10/9c), that includes R&B singer Tevin Campbell.